Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bad Durkheim 09/10-09/11




The weekend was much closer to home and full of festivity. The girls and I went to the Nachtshift club and enjoyed a night of dancing Friday. The club was fabulous, because there was a room with hip hop music and another with techno. I really enjoyed dancing in both rooms and being able to let loose.
The next day we headed to Bad Durkheim for the largest wine festival in the world. It was like a town carnival on steroids. Bratwurst, wine, beer and candy vendors overflowed in the area with a variety of delicious offerings. I had a delicious bratwurst and tried the best beer of my life! It was so smooth and tasty.
Sunday we checked out the festival in our German hometown. It was about a tenth of the size of the Bad Durkheim festival, but it was great in its own right. My favorite part of the festival were the chocolate covered strawberries on a skewer. They were hands down the best I've ever had. Chocolate in Germany is far superior to that in the States. It must be because of their higher quality dairy. Whatever it is, it's amazing, and I'm going to have to take so much chocolate home so I don't have withdrawals or have to settle for our slighted chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment