Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Time Change

Such a lovely group!

I can hardly believe that is is already 2013! My has time flown by. But 2012 was an utterly, amazingly, life changinly great year! I met so many wonderful people last year; some who will surely be life-long friends. And of course I have been able to travel extensively: Italy, Switzerland, Slovenia, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania and South Korea! And I know the traveling is going to continue on this year. When I stop to think about it, I realize how completely and wonderfully blessed I am. I don't know why I get to live this life, but I am eternally grateful that I do, and I hope it continues on for a long while yet. I am so in love with the world! And meeting new people, trying new foods and visiting new places. It is a very exciting time. I am really looking forward to what 2013 has in store. If it is anything like 2012, I know it will be a truly excellent year filled with great people, adventure and growth.
To ring in the new year, I headed to Boccaccio Brau in Daegu for its buffet with a delightful group of friends. I have wanted to go to this place for a while, so I was happy to finally be able to go! The food was delicious and there was a good variety. But my favorite part was the (unlimited refill, included in the price of the buffet) beer that was brewed right there! They had a delicious Weizen and a really smooth stout. It was nice to get hearty, flavor-packed beers, because Korea's offerings of Hite, Max and Cass are just too much like beer-flavored water! Though that doesn't stop me from drinking them! After stuffing ourselves, we headed to downtown to dance off everything we consumed. For the countdown, we headed to Memorial Park and saw the traditional bell ringing and a really great fireworks show! It was fun to have a collective New Years experience, and I really loved counting down in Korean! We capped the evening off with more dancing and drinking. It was a fabulous way to bring in the new year, especially because I was with a wonderful group of people.


No comments:

Post a Comment