Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas in Korea and Lots of Things Beforehand

Well it's been a while since I've posted, so lots to catch up on (briefly)! On the weekend of the 15th, I headed to Seomun Market to do a little Christmas shopping for the friends and family. I found some good treasures, but I am really hoping to also get some good, traditional Korean artwork. Though I am still not entirely sure what that entails or where to find any. So the search remains. And I honestly can't remember what I did for the rest of the weekend, so moving on to Wednesday the 19th. We had the day off, because if was the presidential election. So I headed downtown with Elizabeth and bought a sweet sweater at a thrift store for Christmas festivities. I got a decent deal, but was hoping to find a much better deal. We then watched the Hobbit and after headed to Pan Asia for dinner. We both got Indonesian style rice that was quite tasty.


Last weekend I joined a delightful group to sing some Christmas carols. It was an absolute delight! We sang all the classics and did it to raise money for a charity. So it was a really feel good experience, and helped me get even more in the Christmas mood. Later that night I headed to Babalu for what turned out to be a tremendous night of salsa dancing, and then stayed out with friends until the wee hours of the morning to catch the first subway home.


Sunday I headed to Gyeongju with my friend Jae Won. We saw a few different sites that the area is famous for, and then headed to a 3D art museum. They are pretty popular in Korea and I have been wanting to check one out, so I was excited that we did it. Then we went to an awesome light festival and finally had a delicious dinner. It was a really great weekend!

    
And today is Christmas! Though I was sad that I wasn't with my family, I still had a great day. Elizabeth came over and we made sugar cookies, a "gingerbread" house and ate a delicious Christmas dinner. It was a really delightful day and felt like a really nice Christmas. I am so happy that things worked out so well. Things in Korea are really great. I feel so lucky to be here and have all these wonderful experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment