Sunday, December 2, 2012

Skiing




This weekend was a lot of fun! I started with grabbing dinner with some girl friends Friday night. But it wasn't just your average dinner; it was potentially fatal! We had blow fish. We went with the set course meal. It included a bunch of side dishes, blow fish with sprouts and hot sauce, a similar dish that was cold, fried blow fish and some blow fish soup. It was a tasty meal, but my favorite part of the evening was chatting with the ladies. It was nice to catch up and hang out.
Saturday I headed with a huge group to High1 Ski Resort for a weekend of skiing. It was so much fun! Of all the places I have skied so far, Korea is my favorite! The lifts were efficient, the staff was very friendly, they played excellent English and Korean tunes on the whole mountain, and they do night skiing! It was my first time doing night skiing, so I was really excited. It was a lot of fun. The only catch, the snow is fake. But you can't even tell, so it really isn't a catch at all! I really loved the music, because it helped to keep me from over thinking as I skied. I wasn't able to freak myself out, because I was to busy jamming and singing along! The resort we stayed at was right at the bottom of the slopes, so it was really convenient to just walk outside of the building, grab my skis and head up the lift! And there were three large hot tubs outside. I lounged around in them last night. It was such a pleasant experience. I enjoyed the sensation of the warm water on my body and the cool air on my head. Sadly, I fell as I transitioned from one tub to the other (my feet just totally came out from under me), and I scratched up my legs pretty well. But I was able to relax in the tub after and enjoy the moon, so it really wasn't so bad! I really enjoyed the entire trip. I ended up staying in a room with a really great group of girls, so I was happy that worked out well. And I got a lot of runs in yesterday afternoon, night and this afternoon.
Today I got home and decorated my Christmas tree while listening to Christmas music. It was a great way to start December! I am happy to have some holiday cheer in my home to help it feel like Christmas. It will be hard to have my first Christmas away from home and family, especially considering last year was the first year in a while that we had the whole family together for Christmas, but having some Christmas joy in my home will definitely ease the pain! Now I need to either get my hands on some egg nog, or just make some of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment