Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving, Salsa and Illness


I am still sick after more than two weeks; I am so annoyed with my body! I just want to be 100% healthy and back on track. The coughing was annoying, but now my throat is killing, which is so inconvenient. I just want to be able to swallow without cringing. I really hope this thing passes quickly.
But on a happier note, I had a delicious Thanksgiving meal with friends Friday. It was nice to spend the holiday with good people, since I wasn't able to be with my family. It was quite an arduous task to acquire the meals, but it was well worth the effort! The food was absolutely delicious. And turkey is my favorite poultry, so it was nice to get a proper turkey dinner. Our meal came with sweet tea, turkey, mac and cheese, stuffing, green bean casserole, gravy, cranberry sauce and cheesecake. So I made mashed potatoes to complete the meal. I also made some pumpkin cheesecakes, which were quite delicious. I found a really good recipe that I will have to keep handy for future purposes! We finished the evening off with some makgeolli and cider (it's like Sprite), and we booked our flights for our winter vacation! I will be heading to Cambodia and Thailand for the second half of January into early February. I am so excited to check out both of those countries! It will be so nice to get to a warmer climate too.
Yesterday I took it pretty easy during the day. I caught a bus to Seoul around 1:40 p.m. and arrived around 6 p.m. It was quite a long journey, but a great deal. Saturday night I headed to Gangnam area for quite a different style of dance than Psy has made a world phenomenon (though let's be honest; I partook in some Gangnam Style since I was in the spot for it!). I did a Dominican Bachata and Pachanga workshop followed up by a night of salsa, bachata and some merengue dancing. It was a lot of fun, and I was really excited to learn some Dominican flavor to spice up my bachata. Originally I had planned to spend the evening dancing and catch the earliest bus back home (around 6 a.m.), but since I'm still sick, I decided to take the last bus home (at 1:30 a.m.) I was bummed to leave the party so early, but it was definitely a good call to get more rest. And that is all that I have been doing today, which has been really nice. I love having lazy Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment