Friday, May 31, 2013

It's the Little Things

Last weekend nothing grand or significant happened, but I had a delightful weekend. I participated in some activities I haven't done in a while, and it reminded me how much I love to do them! I tend to let myself get so busy living life and doing things (I really don't even know what!) that I forget to A. do the things I love, 2. cultivate my friendships and D. take enough time to relax. But this weekend I was able to do all three, so it was a very satisfying weekend indeed.
Friday night I headed downtown for a blues party. I've never danced blues before, so I was a little nervous, but it is perhaps one of the easiest partner dances, especially for a follow. You basically just keep rhythm with the music and move to you heart's content. Though the problem with that is finding a quality lead! But it was a nice, short (I only stayed about an hour so my cheap self could catch the subway home) time. It reminded me just how much I love partner dancing and need to incorporate it into my life so much more!
I spent Saturday morning at the Daegu Arboretum on a picnic with some of the lovely ladies from church. It was a really nice time. We enjoyed some delicious food and fun activities. And the weather was great! I am so lucky to have such a great group of ladies around, and I really need to work on spending quality time with them. After the picnic, I headed home for some much needed relaxation. I prepped some snacks for the work week and did a little cleaning. But other than that, I just relaxed and caught up on my television shows. And I started a new one... Game of Thrones. I keep hearing people talk about how great it is, so I decided to give it a whirl, and after episode one I am hooked. I have several episodes to catch up to the current episode, but it will be a nice way to spend leisurely time.

Sunday I went to church, and after joined in on the church's basketball tournament. It was so much fun! I tried to think back to the last time I really played basketball, and I couldn't even remember. How sad is that! I forgot how much I absolutely love the sport. It felt so great to play again. I loved boxing out and shooting and dribbling. Ah, it was glorious!
And my team won the tournament, so we got Starbucks gift cards. A pretty sweet deal. I really hope to play more in the future, and while I'm at it, to swim more as well. I love those two sports, so I should really make the time to do them!
Overall this weekend was a good reminder of what makes me happy, and what I need to keep up with to keep from getting down. These last few weeks have been pretty tough. My students are getting rowdier by the day, and even with all this time that has passed, my communication with my coteachers isn't the best. So work is a bit stressful at times, but I'm trying my best to learn to go with the flow and be more flexible. Patience has never been my strong suit, so I think God is really challenging me to learn to rest in Him and His timing as well as how to cope with change better. It is a tough lesson, but one worth learning. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment