Friday, June 7, 2013

Gotta Hand it to the Amusement Parks


Last weekend I spent Saturday morning and midday at E World, the local amusement park, with Lindsey and Elizabeth. It wasn't a super epic park, but there was some fun stuff! I enjoyed hanging out with the girls. We rode most of the rides and enjoyed an expensive (an really not so tasty) cup of tea in Duryu Tower. It was amazing being up so high and looking at Daegu all around us. I was a bit surprised that the park had foreigners walking around as princes and princesses. I would guess they were from eastern Europe based on their futures, but really it is hard to say for certain. I just couldn't get over that they were in a foreign country to work at a theme park. For some reason it was a hard concept for me to grasp. That evening I headed to downtown to support my friend Jenny get bid off in a date auction (don't worry, it was for charity! lol). It was a very unorganized event, sadly. But it was still fun, and the bar was serving sangria that night! Yummy. After the auction we popped around to a few bars, and then went clubbing! First time heading to a club complete with cover charge in Daegu. We went to FROG. It was pretty packed. I thoroughly enjoyed dancing the night away! The men were much more aggressive here than they were in Seoul, and sadly they didn't dance as devotedly. But it was still a blast, and I was glad to finally go out clubbing in my hometown!
Sunday I went to church and grabbed dinner with a big group of friends after. It was a nice and relaxing day. And I got a delicious mushroom and steak salad that really hit the spot. Jenny, Elizabeth and I broke off from the rest of the group and spent the rest of the evening walking around downtown and chilling at a park. It was so nice just chatting with them and hanging out! I'm so glad I've met such great people here, and I really want to make an effort to really develop those friendships.


Happily, Thursday was a national holiday--Memorial Day--so we got the day off! It was a very much needed break from school! I headed to Pohang, a nearby beach town, with my friend Kas. The weather was a bit cloudy in the morning, but cleared up nicely until it started raining. But happily we had decided to leave a few minutes before the rain came, so it didn't really hinder us much. Pohang is known for two hand statues, and as the spot in Korea where the sun first rises. The hands symbolize harmony and are meant to catch the sun as it rises. Even though we weren't there for the rising sun, it was still an awesome sight. A giant, sea-stained hand jutting out of the ocean isn't a sight you see every day! It was really very beautiful. And I was with good company, so it was a great little day trip. And we got home fairly early, so I had enough time to do a load of laundry and prep my snacks for the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment