Sunday, October 16, 2011

Koln 10/15-10/16




 

This weekend was so much fun, and I was able to experience things I love doing at home (i.e. I got my Latin dance on and ate some sushi). Friday night the girls put on a get together. Someone mentioned salsa dancing, so naturally I was all over it and discovered that one of the guys knew how to dance. He got his iPod filled with the necessary jams and we proceeded to have a Latin dance party, salsa, merengue and bachata included! It was so much fun! I had an ear-to-ear smile the whole time I was dancing. It had been way to long since I was able to bust out the salsa moves, so I thoroughly enjoyed having the opportunity. Saturday I headed to Koln (Cologne). The train ride there was really long (5 hours), but I read an entire book during the trip there and back, so it was nice to have the time to read! (really long side note: I love the library here! I have read several books already... Emily Giffin is a fabulous author... and watched some movies from the library. There are also travel books that have helped me plan some of these weekend trips. I also have increased my music collection, especially with international music. The library is such a wonderful resource that I feel so lucky to have access to) Koln was a cool city and had some very interesting buildings. The Dom was huge... I really had to strain my neck to look up at the top of the building. There were several churches throughout the whole city, one of which was in ruins. That one was my favorite, because it had more depth and character. I did some shopping while I was there, because Koln has one of the best and biggest pedestrian shopping boulevards in Germany. There were so many stores! I spent the day strolling around and checking out the sites. It seemed to be the weekend for bachelor and bachelorette parties, because I saw at least four groups celebrating their friends' last day of singlehood. I also ate sushi for dinner. I was so excited to have sushi, because it had been at least two and a half months since the last time I had it, which is far too long! It was really delicious and totally hit the spot. Sunday I was able to go to church and then spend the last of the day relaxing. It was a wonderful weekend all around filled with things I love to do and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment