Monday, October 22, 2012

Scavenger Hunt


Take a picture with a child and their parent... duh, I grabbed the baby!


Tai Chi


Beast mode!


Love 146


Dance obnoxiously behind an unknowing stranger.


Picture with an old guy!

Last weekend was a blast! I laughed and giggled so much. I participated in a scavenger hunt hosted by a charity group that fights child sex slavery. I had really only met one of my team members briefly before the event, so I wasn't sure quite what to expect. Turns out I ended up with a really fantastic group and had a lot of fun with them. We didn't end up placing, but it was great running around downtown Deagu for two hours taking pictures of crazy things. Some of my favorites are highlighted above with the pictures. We had a few Korean people walk away from us with a frightened look, but most people were willing to join in the fun.
After the event I headed to Babalu for another night of salsa. We had a brief bachata lesson (men were lacking, so I led... and was complemented multiple time for being the best leader besides the instructor!) and then a salsa party started. I was again amazed at the talent of the dancers there! They really inspire me to improve my skills. Tomorrow I am planning to try to get in on a lesson, so hopefully it works out well, and I can make it a regular thing for Tuesday nights! But back to the salsa party... It was a great deal. It was only 15,000 won (little less than $15), and beer, food (gimbap, yum!) and dancing was included until 2 a.m. I certainly feel like I got my money's worth!
But 2 a.m. was to soon to call it a night, so I went with newly acquired friends from salsa to two different bars. By the time the second one closed, I only had about half an hour to wait for the first subway home, so I went back to the first place that stays open way into the late night and danced while I waited. Finally I caught the subway home around 5:30 a.m. and made it back to my bed around 6:15 a.m. I was definitely exhausted, but slept in really late on Sunday and had a really lazy day! It was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment