Saturday, March 31, 2012

Barcelona 03/25/12-03/27/12





Barcelona was so clean and such a huge city. It was really nice and rich with history. We stayed at the Rambla Catalunya Hostel, also known as Hostel Windsor. It was incredibly confusing to find the reception desk, but luckily a group of patrons were walking in and directed us where we needed to go. The hostel was pretty nice, and the staff was super chill. Some of my favorite places in Barcelona were the magnificent Sagrada Familia and Park Guell. Both were striking and so unique. The Boqueria Market was also a wonderful part of Barcelona. It was so full of life and excitement, and I got so much fresh, cut up fruit for so cheap. It was delicious! And of course I really loved lounging at the beach (especially because that's where I reunited with my girls, Melissa and Kristen)... until I got a really bad sunburn. My poor white legs were cooped up for so long they didn't know how to absorb the glorious rays. My favorite meal of the trip was definitely the set menu we did at the restaurant La Fonda. We got an appetizer, main course, dessert, 1/4 liter of wine and bread plus a pitcher of sangria all for only 20 euro each. And the portions were all huge! I was pretty much full after the appetizers, but that didn't stop me from continuing on. The three of us girls shared different plates so we were able to try a lot of the menu. It was an excellent find and a highlight to a wonderful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment