Sunday, March 4, 2012

Exploring My Italian Home 03/03/12





This weekend I spent Saturday biking around Vicenza. It was so nice to really explore the city I've been living in for nearly the past two months. I started the day off by heading to Zushi, a Japanese restaurant, to get some sushi. I didn't really know where I was going, but headed in the general direction I knew it was in. I turned down a street and came to a round about. When I was trying to decide which direction to go, I glanced to my left and saw the restaurant. I was so excited I actually found it. I had some very good, fresh sushi. I can never get enough of the stuff! Outside of the restaurant was the Arco delle Scalette, which had a 190-step staircase up to a great view of the city. I carried my bike up the first 65 stairs, but thankfully found a suitable place to lock it up, so I didn't have to haul it the whole way. I biked around and headed up a huge, steep hill to visit the Bailica di Monte Berico. I only made it about a third of the way up on the bike when I had to give up and just walk it up. The Basilica was really beautiful. I was happy to finally see it up close, because I always noticed it up on the hill on the walk home from work. Later I just biked around downtown and soaked it up. I just kept thinking, "Wow, I'm seriously in Italy." It still hasn't fully sunken in.
Saturday night I went to a Latin club and was able to bachata, salsa and merengue! It was so excellent. I love all kinds of dancing, but bachata, salsa and merengue are just top notch. And my dance partner for the evening was really good. He was an excellent lead, and I thoroughly enjoyed dancing with him. It was so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment