Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tirana 04/03/12




Tirana was just a stop over on my way to Athens, but it was nice to explore it for a few hours. Any longer would have been too much time for me, but I'm still happy I got a taste of Albania. Things there were so cheap! I only exchanged 5 euro, but was able to buy a lot and save some currency as a souvenir. Also, I tried a doner kebab there, and it was really good. I also had baklava, but that wasn't so great. It was a really long day of traveling on buses. I woke up at 4:45 a.m. to catch a 6 a.m. bus to Shkodra (duration: 2 1/2 hours) then another one to Tirana (duration: 2 hours) and then I had to wait about 7 hours to catch my 5:30 p.m. bus to Athens. The last bus took 14 hours. So it was a very exhausting day of traveling, but I got my passport stamped three times! Twice for entering and leaving Albania and once for entering Greece. So that made it worthwhile. It's ironic, because I figured I would only get my passport stamped from doing flights and not from traveling by bus. But it's turned out to be quite the opposite with the exception of flying in to Zadar, Croatia. But back to Tirana. Overall I'm happy I saw it, but not a place that has to be visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment