Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ulcinj 04/02/12





I didn't even get to see Ulcinj, Montenegro during the day, but I still loved it. Perhaps because I only saw it at night it gave the city a more magical feeling. My room was in an apartment in the Old Town, which is on a hill right next to the beach. I was in a room right on the edge of the hill and had a stunning view from my window and private terrace. The ocean stretched out to the horizon, and lights from buildings across the bay twinkled in the night. The moon was nearly full, so it cast everything in a romantic glow. It was one of the most breath-taking things I have seen. My favorite part of my room was that it was on the roof was right outside the window. I have always wanted a room set up like that so I could clamber out of my window and sit on my roof any time I felt like it. But it was worth waiting for this rooftop, because it was a ridiculous view. A cool breeze caressed my face while I sat on the roof absorbing the gorgeous view. It was such a serene moment. And the bet part is that it only cost 10 Euro, because everything in Ulcinj is so cheap! I didn't have much time in the city, so i just walked around the Old Town and in the newer part nearby. The city was filled with Internet shops (and patrons) and men getting late-night hair cuts. I also hung out on the beach for a little while. The sand was so fine. It was like real sand again; not pebbles! Also, I got my passport stamped when entering Montenegro. I love collecting stamps and wish every country I have seen would have stamped it!


No comments:

Post a Comment